Tuesday, June 29, 2010

George the bunny


The first livestock we acquired for our little farm was an albino Angora buck that I named George. As in, I will hold him and pet him and squeeze him and love him and call him George. George was about 4 months old when we drove to Boaz, Alabama (1.5 hours one way) to get him. But I really wanted Angoras and they are kind of hard to find. A solid white one was definitely worth the driving time to me. I've never spun wool/hair/bunny fluff before but have been interested in trying it since I got back into crochet and knitting a couple of years ago. So when this ad came up on Craigslist for the Huntsville area, I answered it. I was hoping for a buck and a doe but there was only the one buck left. Eventually we'll find George a girlfriend or three and raise little fluff factories of our own.

No comments: